Gallery

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Leap'n and Hop'n on a Moon Shaddow

Wow,  seems like it has been forever since I have been in this room, being creative or typing on this keyboard. Seems like my muse just died when you said goodbye. But here I am alive, singing and finding my muse has come home. Who knew I would miss you being here so much. But even though I am back doing what I love, there is still that hole, that desire to run in and show you what I created today, seeing that wrinkled worn grin while hearing you say "that's Neat Hun!" and being reminded you were my biggest fan and how much having you here with us meant. But I made a promise to you before things got so bad that I would continue on, I would not crawl in that dark hole like so many do and I would remember the precious times we had. You were my very first best friend, an amazing father, and my ultimate cheerleader. You are in heaven now laughing and dancing with our mother, no more pain, no more sickness just peace! Today I am no longer leaping and hopping on that moon shaddow crying, angry and depressed, but living as I have always tried to do, like the song that Cat Stevens wrote and interpreted: "finding hope in any situation. attempting to be present and joyful. seeing life as it is, right now, and not comparing it to others', or other times in my life. Every moment in life is rich and unique; whether we are aware of it or not, we are always leaping and hopping on a moon shaddow - the inescapable present moment. If we are wrapped up in our whirlpools of worry and concern about what could be, or what has been, we are missing the richness of life as it is". While the last couple of years with us may have had its ups and downs because of your illness I would not have traded it for anything and I know you wouldn't have either. Those last days were tough but they were beautiful, they were painful but they were a blessing, the shared talks before bed still and will always linger in my heart and  those precious moments, no one will ever be able to take from me and though you were tired you gave all you had. Daddy, thank you from the bottom of my heart for being the bravest, strongest man I have ever known, for allowing me the blessing of inheriting your strength and being your daughter.

Today, I dedicate this blog post and my first art journal page after finding my muse
 
 

 
 to my very first best friend,  my father. 
 
 
 
Harley Hamilton
May 1928- May 2015
 
             A Special Thank You to all of my beautiful Art friends for being there for me!
 
 
 
 
Above art journal page created using the kit 
 
 "Heart Wide Open"
 
 
 
 
 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment