Gallery

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Day 1 Gritty Janes 40 Portrait Challenge

Hi everyone, Just spent the day watching this crazy snow fall while getting my art on. I mean really what better way to spend a snowy day, Right?
 
Well , today I decided to take a friend up on an offer to get involved with a cool challenge. See, I have been wanting to work more on drawing and painting faces so I went over and checked out

Jane  Spakowsky's (Gritty Jane) 40 Portraits Challenge on Facebook.

What a great place and some amazing artists. It got me so pumped I thought "Why Not".
 
Now the goal is to create 40 portraits any medium any style. You are also given daily word prompts to help you get started. You don't have to complete in any time frame but she does ask that you "Play Daily". Well, you don't have to ask me twice!!! LOL
 
So today I bring you my "Day1" 



                                                 My word prompt was "Layering"
How perfect a prompt because I really love to layer paint and paper.
 
Like this challenge so well  I have already started # 2.
 
That being said my peeps, it's time to run!  If you are interested, you can join the challenge over on Facebook -
 
More portraits to come so keep checking back if you like!
 
 
                           Mel’odee

1 comment:

  1. You should be pumped... this is FANTASTIC!!!!! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete