Gallery

Saturday, March 1, 2014

A Little Origami, The Robin's Nest and Altered Pages

Hi everyone,
Well it is already March and all I can say is "I am ready for SPRING"!!! And would ya believe it, it's suppose to start snowing and icing here in the Ozarks again tonight!!! YUK!!!

Today I want to share with you a little banner I created using some wonderful supplies from "The Robin's Nest"  and Altered Pages

I got a little motivation for this project from my 4 granddaughters Aspen, Emory, Gracie and Bella whom all  have birthdays beginning in March and ending May 1st.  Birthdays around here are never ending in the spring but Mawmaw doesn't mind. It gets the creative juices flowing!!  LOL




I decided to use a little origami in my project and created the dresses. I used papers from the Robins Nest "Easter Collection" and then applied their sweet little "Dew Drops"on the bodice to resemble buttons. I used some other lace and bling I had on hand. Next I used the AP "Think Pink" collage sheet and enlarged the face of the little girl. I then mounted her to some heavy card stock and fussy cut the image out and mounted her to the dress. Next I created some other little banner pieces and attached everything to some vintage lace I had in my stash.







 
 
 
 
I just love the way it turned out. There is so much you could do with these and my muse was going nuts!!! LOL  I could see these not only as a banner but  how cute would they be mounted to some Altered Pages Silly Sticks to be used as puppets for a little girls birthday party!!

If you would like to know how to create these fun little paper dolls please join me here Saturday March 15th for the directions on how I created theses sweet origami dresses and adding their bodies.

I hope you have enjoyed today's project. Until Next time,

Have a beautiful Art filled day!!

Mel'odee

No comments:

Post a Comment