Gallery

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"Uncle Bones Skull Polish"

Oh Golly Golly Golly!!! Where do I start? Today was my very first time to fill my position as an AlteredPages.com design team member. What an honor it is to be one of the newest members and being given the opportunity to share my creations on their blog!! I want to congratulate the other 2 new members and am soo excited about all the goodies you are going to be seeing over at the Altered Pages blog. If you have never seen their blog click on the link www.alteredpages-artsociates.blogspot.com and head on over. there is some awesome art happening there by some very talented artists using some amazing products from www.AlteredPages.com !! Right now with the holidays so close you can bet you will be seeing even more awesome goodness or maybe I should say some SPOOKY goodness over the next few weeks along with some awesome challenges!! I am getting chilled to the bone (in a good way of course) just thinking about it! Speaking of bones, AlteredPages has some wonderful Halloween collage and stamp sets. I have included a link to below so that you can go right to their store and grab some wonderful stuff. I did and looky looky what happened!!

 
 
I love old bottles and what better way to decorate for the upcoming gruesome holiday than with old Gothic apothecary bottles. This was so fun and check out the use of the Gothic skulls from the "Gothic" stamp set found here.



 

 
 
 
 
 
I created this bottle as my very first project for the AP blog.  I fussy cut the image and added some distressing then used some crackle medium to give it an aged effect. The bottle was an old wine bottle covered with texture paste, then allowed to dry and then painted over using gesso, paint, some brown espresso ink mist then rubbed down with a little Inka Gold metallic rub
 
 
 
 
I created the skulls out of sculpy by pressing the sculpy into rubber ice cube trays I purchased at our neighbor hood Dollar Tree ( betcha never thought of that one!!LOL or maybe I'm late heehee) and adhered to the bottle added a little gauge distressed with more espresso ink and a skeleton key and there you have it, Uncle Bones Skull Polish!!
 
 
 
Perfect addition for that Halloween décor.
 
Well, that's it for today. I hope you were inspired and it got the artful muse in you creepy crawly with ideas. Please join me each Tuesday here and on the AP blog as I turn my artful muse loose once again.

 ALSO

Watch for the 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop in October! The AP design team will be participating and you're gonna love it!

 
OH, OH, OH , I almost forgot
Next week the new Altered Pages Challenge will be posted, be sure to check out the details at  www.alteredpages-artsociates.blogdpot.com!
 
So Tah Tah for now my artsy creepy followers it's back to the dark atelier to conjure up some more creepy goodness!!
 
Mel'odee


 
 
 



 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment