Gallery

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Atelier Happenings

Wow, so much has happened since I last posted. Whoever said creating a blog was easy………………………. Anyway, do I have some fantabulous news to share!!! But first let me tell you what I have been up to!! See about a week or so ago I was browsing through some of my amazing art sisters posts and getting to know everyone. I love looking at their blogs and checking out what’s new with them and all of the Brilliant creations. I also like clicking on their fav’s buttons and being introduced to other artists and their blogs. Well I came across a site called AlteredPages-artsociates. WOW, did they have quite the blog going on there!!!  I fell in love instantly and decided to check them out further so I went to their online store. I almost lost my post toasties when I saw some of their prices especially when they were so much cheaper than what I had been spending. This really got me inquisitive. So I started browsing a little more and boom there it was an opportunity to apply!!!! Soo guess what I did?  Yep, you guessed it I closed the link and went back into the studio to finish up a project I needed to get done before the deadline. 
 These are pictures of what I have been doing for the Halloween swap over at
www.Birdnutsmixedmedia.blogspot.com  

 
 
This is my first swap with the amazing Denise Phillips and I enjoyed creating this Halloween ATC for her swap.  I also belong to a group on Facebook called “The Studio-A Thriving Artist Community” and within this group the Collage Society. We have had an ongoing weekly challenge there and right now we have been creating tags.
These are just a few examples and I will be posting more about these ventures later on next week.
 

 
As you can see I have been busy, busy, busy and all the while thinking “Man I would love to apply for that design team”!!

 Finally I could stand it no longer and just had to talk it over with my Mr. Wonderful, and as always he boosted my confidence and said “Just go for it”.  So that is what I did. I whipped open the ol’ computer zipped into my email and sent a few examples and waited! Never even giving it a thought that I would ever be chosen.

Well, guess what?  Yep you guessed it, things got a little crazy and I avoided checking my email for a few days. Finally one evening after having a house full of grandbabies and settling down to some peace and quiet I finally checked my email. OHHHH EMMMMM GEEEEE!! There it was “THE EMAIL” did I dare open it I thought or just leave it. Well I hesitated long enough to go grab a cup of java take a big swallow and BOOM I click the open button. OH EMM GEEE OH EMM GEEE, I could not believe what I was reading!! I had done it I had been accepted!!!!! Yep, you got it!! Yours truly is now a design team member for an amazing company! AlteredPages.com!! I am so sooo proud, humbled and excited to let EVERYONE know I have been accepted as the newest member to the AlteredPages team!  My, My, My, I am on cloud nine and just can’t wait to get started. By the way did I mention how EXCITED I AM!!! HeeHeeHee! I have already gotten a couple projects in mind and can’t wait to get started. If you don’t know or have not heard of AlteredPages.com click on the links below and drop by.
 
 There you will find some amazing products by some of your favorite artists such as Graphic 45, Tim Holtz, Dyan Reaveley, Faber Castell and more. So much yummy goodness over there I can’t wait for you to see!!

As I move forward into my new venture I will introduce you to some of their sister companies and their products. For now I want to thank Jean Moore and all the folks over at AlteredPages for giving me this opportunity.

I hope I haven’t gone on too much with all the happenings and my excitement and I would love it if you would follow me on this amazing new journey. I can’t wait to share some great stuff with you and pray it will inspire the artful muse in you”!!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment